Thursday 13 February 2014

I CHOOSE ME.


By Words we speak,
By Words we Cry
We reveal what is in our hearts
Our worries, our pain
Our joys
Our future.
I should have, but I did not
I lied, I said I had voted him
It was my choice anyway
My right my vote
My being the most important word
This may be our life but
The pastor said we are one
You insisted
You have calculated all the risks
And seen your choice is best for the family we want
You said with conviction
I am  not sorry
I do not regret it
I will not telll you
But when you see me smile
Without reason
It is because I have a secret you will not approve
You forgot that I also have a mind
You forgot that I have a dream and a vision for Kenya
Yes you love me
Yes you care for me
But you degrade my mind
And silence my voice
I stood up and did what they all said
I made a wise choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment